Visiting Jan-Feb 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Migu31

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Pinoy Divers,

I'll be vacationing next year to visit my folks and my barkada. That takes care of the first two weeks, but for the last two weeks, I want to go diving.

I just got my OW Cert last month so I'm excited about getting some dives in my inangbayan. My dive buddy who works for Qantas heard I was going, she said she's never been to the Philippines so she wants to join me for a couple of weeks, yaaayyy! Sige ba bakit hinde?

Tanong lang pwede ba?

1. I'm thinking Palawan, Bohol, or Boracay? Which one do you think would be good for our experience level (less than 15 dives) ?

2. Would it be cheaper to come to Manila first and then book the dive trips? Or should we book the dive trips before we fly to Manila?

3. Roughly how much does it cost (in pesos naman, akala nyo ba madaling kumita ng dollar ;-) sa abrod) say 2-3 dives per day hiring all gear and with DM?

4. Would it be a good idea to go for the next level of certification (AOW) while we are there? 2 birds with 1 stone ika nga. How much should I budget?

Kung gusto nyo, PM na lang para confidential.

Thanks guys.

Michael (alyas Miguel)

Migu31:
Hello Pinoy Divers,

I'll be vacationing next year to visit my folks and my barkada. That takes care of the first two weeks, but for the last two weeks, I want to go diving.

I just got my OW Cert last month so I'm excited about getting some dives in my inangbayan. My dive buddy who works for Qantas heard I was going, she said she's never been to the Philippines so she wants to join me for a couple of weeks, yaaayyy! Sige ba bakit hinde?

Tanong lang pwede ba?

1. I'm thinking Palawan, Bohol, or Boracay? Which one do you think would be good for our experience level (less than 15 dives) ?

2. Would it be cheaper to come to Manila first and then book the dive trips? Or should we book the dive trips before we fly to Manila?

3. Roughly how much does it cost (in pesos naman, akala nyo ba madaling kumita ng dollar ;-) sa abrod) say 2-3 dives per day hiring all gear and with DM?

4. Would it be a good idea to go for the next level of certification (AOW) while we are there? 2 birds with 1 stone ika nga. How much should I budget?

Kung gusto nyo, PM na lang para confidential.

Thanks guys.

Michael (alyas Miguel)

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the board. We're in the same predicament. I'm visiting the islands by the end of the year. Just go through the posts and you'll get a lot of info from the divers. For example, I got my Bohol trip idea from CLG, my Batangas trip from the PPD DOR thread. Here's an example of an itinerary that I'm toying around with

Hindi pa kasama yung PPD - DOR 3 dyan. Which I'm hoping na matuloy whilst I'm there. BTW, what's your LDS? Wala pa kasi akong nakaka-dive na Pinoy dito eh. Got certified in May, and am doing my AOW this weekend, para walang hassle pag-uwi.

The cheapest and nearest from Manila which is the best place to dive, is always Anilao. Go begin from there. :) :14:

ishbaby:
The cheapest and nearest from Manila which is the best place to dive, is always Anilao. Go begin from there. :) :14:

Happily spent most of my years as a young man trolling in and around Manila (La Union and Baguio to the north, Quezon, Batangas, Laguna, and Puerto Galera to the South). It's time I got to see more of the Philippines than just bl**dy Luzon ;-)

When I'm in Manila, I think I'll find me at Cafe Havana tearing up the dancefloor with my smooth salsa mooves (it's for aerobic fitness). But seriously, I'd like to see more of Visayas and Mindanao -but Visayas sounds safer for now ;-)

OFF TOPIC: The fun part is, I can still drive in Metro Manila and I can navigate it as good as any local taxi driver. Most of my Filipino friends who have been transplanted (here, US or Canada) have somehow lost the ability to drive in Manila. It's too chaotic for them. So I just call them wimps heheheh.

PS. Thank you for those who sent PM, the information is very useful.

Greatwolf/Migu31,
How come neither of you ever been to the Great Barrier Reef? Its just in your backyard. I'd kill to be in your shoes :)

Enrique

greatwolf:
Hi Michael,

Welcome to the board. We're in the same predicament. I'm visiting the islands by the end of the year. Just go through the posts and you'll get a lot of info from the divers. For example, I got my Bohol trip idea from CLG, my Batangas trip from the PPD DOR thread. Here's an example of an itinerary that I'm toying around with

Hindi pa kasama yung PPD - DOR 3 dyan. Which I'm hoping na matuloy whilst I'm there. BTW, what's your LDS? Wala pa kasi akong nakaka-dive na Pinoy dito eh. Got certified in May, and am doing my AOW this weekend, para walang hassle pag-uwi.

wow you are really all planned and raring to go! btw do you already have a tat artist? i know one VERY, VERY good one:)

Spoon:
wow you are really all planned and raring to go! btw do you already have a tat artist? i know one VERY, VERY good one:)

Yeah mate, I'll be visiting Mike Sambajon, he did my first tattoo. I had my sister track him down. But if you can recommend any other good artists, I'll be happy to check their art, and maybe get one from them.

subzero:
Greatwolf/Migu31,
How come neither of you ever been to the Great Barrier Reef? Its just in your backyard. I'd kill to be in your shoes :)

Enrique

I only got certified this year. But the GBR is definitely in my books, as well as the wreck of the HMAS Brisbane, which they scuttled a few months ago. I'm just trying to look for a good dive operator in QLD. I don't want to dive on cattle boats...lol

subzero:
Greatwolf/Migu31,
Enrique

The Great Barrier Reef is in Queensland (a whole 'nother state) about a 3 hour flight from Sydney. Like greatwolf said, give us a break man. The ink ain't even dry on my c-card :07:

greatwolf:
Yeah mate, I'll be visiting Mike Sambajon, he did my first tattoo. I had my sister track him down. But if you can recommend any other good artists, I'll be happy to check their art, and maybe get one from them.

what a coincidence! mike sambajon did my first tat as well in his shop in singgalong st. this was back in 95, hes very good but my last two tats were done by someone more qualified hehe

Back
Top Bottom