Visiting Bonaire via Cruise Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

We have been to Bonaire once for a full week and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. However this time around we are going on a cruise and getting to stop at all the ABC islands. I have dive operators I have used in the past for Aruba and Curacao, however I am not sure about a "day" dive operator in Bonaire. I reached out to the operator we used when we were there for the week and they said we would have to do a check-out dive with them in the morning and then there was a boat dive option in the afternoon but it appears with there timing we wouldn't have time to do this.

We loved the Salt Pier and would like to go there again but it is not a deal breaker if we don't. We just want to find a good operator that will pick us up where we dock and take us on two dives.

Does anyone have any operator recommendations we can check out? Any suggestions would be appreciated. We think it will be too tight for time if we try to rent a vehicle, go and pick up tanks and then go and do the shore dives ourselves. We will be in port from 8 AM - 5 PM.

Thanks!

Nice you are coming again. There is still a lot to see that you might have missed the 1st time. As a small operator Im very flexible in scheduling and planning the dives with you. I can pick you up at the pier by car and explore 2 or 3 dive sites from shore.

Please get in contact to discuss the options. Regards, Paul.

Www.bonscuba.com
Tripadvisor as well.

You don't need to look any further. Bonscuba has made you a very good offer for pick up and diving.

Dive Friends Bonaire is just adjacent to the exit from the cruise terminal. They will do two shore dives with you @ 1 hour each. Rinse your gear and walk 2 minutes back to ship. Excellent dive op and dives. See if you can get Floor as a DM/Inst.

In April 2019 I did my AOW with Paul from BonScuba. Had a blast. Highly recommended. Also Dive Friends is a 5 star dive operator on the island. This is not a paid commercial for either, just positive experiences over the past 12 months. Cheers.

I was recently there for 2 weeks and dove with Dive Friends out of Den Laman - great operation. However, I had the chance to observe Paul of Bon Scuba with 2 different divers on 2 different days. I never introduced myself, but I watched how he interacted with the divers under his care. He was attentive, helpful and seemed to go out of his way to make each of the divers with him comfortable. My wife and I mentioned that we would love to have him certify our daughters next time we return.

I saw someone from Bon Scuba and was impressed as well. I didn’t introduce myself but thought anyone would be in good hands with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom