Vis reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any vis reports from Murray/Travis/Athens/CSSP?

You might spend some time looking at the recent threads on these locations....most have recent condition reports. Athens.......:rofl3:

I did, thats why I asked in this thread I'm not seeing anyone stating what the visibility is other than one post I found about travis that said the visiblity was "ok".

Yes athens, my daughter has never been there, figured she had to see it at least once.

Last week at Travis I did not make below 90 but had pockets of 15 foot vis. The lake is pretty low. You start hitting the trees around 75 feet at Barstows.

Haven't been to Mansfield or Windy Point in a while, but Wreck Alley (Old Scuba Park) has been great lately. 15ft vis, temp 77deg. We only went to 80ft and the thermocline was delow that.

Rick..... there will be a group of divers this Sat/Sun. at Murray.....you both are always welcome. :)

I was out a couple of days ago near Windy Point Public and the vis was 15-20 ft in places down to about 100. Past 110 the vis started turning bad quickly but opened up again about 130 to about 5-7 ft. Didn't go any deeper. As Dan said, the lake is pretty low right now. We were in the trees the entire dive. The temp was really nice however. I was diving a 2 piece 5 mm and was plenty warm the whole time.

Layne

I was at Mansfield Park Dive area yesterday. Visability is 6-10 feet depending on where you are. Murk layer at 90-95 feet. Below the thermocline vis is 15 feet or greater, but dark. Thermocline is at 90-95 feet. Water temp is 75 degrees above the thermocline and 65 degrees down to 115. Last week I was up by the dam to 137 feet and water temp was 60 degrees. Hope this helps!

Friday before last the Vis at CSSP was 5-10 feet or so on the north end. No discernable thermocline. 75 degrees.

Wow! You would never know they were here...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom