vis report windy point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From 0 to 100 feet the best vis I saw was 6 feet max, most of it was less, below 100 feet it was more like 1.5 feet, coldest temp recorded, 57 degrees, note however during this weekend the water was crazy croweded with classes.

Ran into a couple SB dudes out there, Willie and Cuda, maybe next time we can sit around camp at night and shoot the bull if your around at camping time.

We ran line the vis was so bad, we got into some kind of brush or something where it was getting to the point of bob and weeve to continue deeper so we decided that was not the safest place to be and called it.

Right now the "good" viz seems to be around 60 - 75'. As I understand it, that layer will move deeper and improve as the year goes on. Let's hope so.

Grr..that stinks that the viz isn't cooperating with us.. I'm headed down this weekend - probably dive windy point on sat - the Adventure Scuba folks are out there this weekend and I was going to do a meet n greet n dive with em -

Mansfield dam on sunday -

We'll be down at Windy Point on Sat too with the Adventure Scuba group. Don't know if we're camping or hoteling it, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom