Vis on the South Shore...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
How has the vis been on the South Shore lately? I did the Sea Lancers club dive today, and the vis was a lousy (40-50ft) at both Pinnacles and Shark's Rock.

The highlight of the dive was after all divers were on the boat at Pinnacles, I spotted a fin about 100yds away. Turned out to be a 7-8ft tax collector (hammerhead) following the blood trail from a speared fish (looks like he was looking for Nemo). Anyhow he stuck around for a good 10 minutes before he left.

Our second dive at Shark's Rock (my favorite reef on the island, btw) wasn't as exciting. Although I did dive my DA Aquamaster and found out how the breathing is affected by low tank pressure. One of our RIMPAC visitors (Beer&Fish) thought he saw a chubby Mike Nelson as I swam by looking for the anchor line.

As always, if you are a Military member stationed or on TAD to Oahu, stop on by and check us out.

I am having a blast with it... I dive it more than my other regs now. Plus my bouyancy is better without my BC now... too much fun.

I am planning my second dive on the 17th to be with my DH reg, if I have my doubles ready, I'll do both. Of course that all depends on my RIMPAC schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom