Vis is improving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandman98007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had a great little dive today at Redondo. Vis is getting better. We experienced 15 -20feet lateral, but boy it is cold. Water temp was 48 degrees at depth, though it was 46degrees at the surface. Dived the usual route. Carousel, flats, boat, and then the pipe. Saw a few critters and one octo. The gunnels under the boats are lined up side by side. Under one boat we spotter 25. Neat things to see. After 41 minutes and 85 feet we were a little cold and decided to end the dive.

Here are a few photos from the dive. Please enjoy.

Here is the link: http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/SD4mY6Rv

Brrr....it was cold....but it was great to get in the water. TLSea had a class and then we saw Walt, Bill, Jenn Matt & other usual suspects...
We had a great dive...It was so cute to see the "little gunnels" with the baby sculpins. Tim and I saw in one tire, about 5 sculpins nested around a starfish, it looked like a basket of kittens, way too cute. I also picked up a large Moon Snail Shell and in it was a Grunt Sculpin that looked wayyy prego....it got out and demanded a picture. :)
Going on Bandito tomorrow...should be fun.
K

Dove Titlow twice this week as well. Wow, glad to see the viz clearing.

Just the usual suspects there...but I'm always awestruck by the pilings. That's where I first fell in love with diving...after a cold and miserable OW class...this was the 5th dive...the beginning of the AOW. The lightbulb went on and I understood why we do this!

I'm going to Titlow on Saturday. I just love that site. I get to take somebody there who hasn't dived it before, and that'll be fun.

Viz at Edmonds on Tuesday was a little better than it had been -- maybe 15 feet -- but the viz at Cove 2 that night was horrible. At least around us, it was. Where the seals weren't frolicking, it looked as though it might have been decent :)

This is Arctic diver in about 17' of water.
showphoto.php

Looked like it cleared up a lot compared with when we were there!

Oh goody, I'm diving EUP on Saturday! I hope it keeps getting better. :)

Back
Top Bottom