Virgin Gorda, BVI: Mahoe Bay or Leverick Bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
Can any one provide some insight on staying in the Mahoe Bay area or the Leverick Bay area of Virgin Gorda? I'm interested in information on the quality of beaches in the two areas, accomodations in the two areas and ease to get to dive operation departure point as well as other information people can provide on Virgin Gorda.

I haven't stayed on land on VG, but the diving in the area is very fine, particularly at the Dogs. You can dive with Kilbride's at the BEYC. But if you're not staying there, you'll have to take the ferry over, or a cab, to make the morning dive. I don't think they stop at other resorts.

I think Dive BVI is now at Leverick Bay, and you can probably arrange with them to pick you up if you stay somewhere else. You'll find some nice beaches in the area, but St. John is the place to go for the finest beaches.

My guess is you get what you pay for, as the Bitter End is at the very top of the scale. There's not much in the BVI's outside of the resort properties. And that's exactly why we love it. We bareboat and dive, and it's very peaceful.

Dee

Hi, I've been to Virgin gorda several times. And have stayed in both locations. Mahoe Bay is beautiful wiht a nice beach. Levericks rental villas aren't that great. There are some problems with management, but that may be resolved by now. Levericks beach isn't very nice as it is in the marina.

The diving there is awesome, but i would not recommend diving with Kilbride's. I have in the past and would never do so agian. They are not a safe opperator and are not very nice to boot. I highly reccommend Dive BVI, especially the crew out of Leverick. They also have locations at Yacht harbor and marina cay. Check out their website : www.divebvi.com I have dove with most of the Dive BVI folks and like um all.

feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

you can also check out my pictures from my latest trip @
community.webshots.com/user/goodknight411

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom