Vintage humor-Teflon tape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Was walking past a very expensive retail watch store in a local mall and they had this full size display mannequin at the front window. 99.9% of people walk past quickly, but as a diver,,,this one stops you dead in your tracks to scratch your head.

20230830_173355.jpg

It's an advertising prop. Someone knew a few things vintage. Then was tasked with the order of making a couple hundred so each store could have one. Time to cue up the mass production of props.

If someone had not dropped it and broken loose the press fit "valve", it would have looked impressive. Closer look and they were cleaning out a big chunk of the local Ace for parts. Looks like they did a pretty good job with the vintage style strapping.

For an advertising prop, I don't think it looks too bad. It is actually not a bad simulation of a DH regulator and a J valve. The J lever is in the wrong side, but that is actually a cool detail... :cool:

Do you have more pictures of the showing the rest?

Do you have more pictures of the showing the rest?
I just snapped the one picture for fun. Seeing how this was put together............I was worried if I went inside and asked the time, they would tell me how the watch worked instead (or the regulator!!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom