Vintage: Healthways Scuba Star Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The biggest complaint I have of many early single hose regulators is the tiny little exhaust valves. In fact, some Healthways had stacked exhaust valves. Inhalation was not so bad but forcing the air back through those tiny, hard rubber exhaust valves and restrictive tees was tiring. I am often amused at divers who having never experienced this wonder at the purpose of the masks during that era many of which had larger valves than the regulators. Of course, I see the light, I breath in through the regulator and exhaust out through my nose. Maybe that was the plan! Or just use my Mistral.

Any of those old regulators with the tiny exhaust valves should not be used for diving. In fact, I remember a letter from USD stating so, back about 73. I was working in a retail dive store at that time.

N

Sold yet?

...here's my friend diving one this summer. She's a little behind on the service interval but no signs of failure.

Attachments

• DSC_6855-01-01.jpeg
    DSC_6855-01-01.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 218
Dumpster diver is no longer on board-- note line through his name

I have several Healthways Single hose -- are you interested in purchasing ???

SDM

Back
Top Bottom