Vintage Equipment, What is this STUFF !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xbellybutton99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all
My son and I just completed our open water certs,
Just getting into diving, we are of course looking to buy our own equipment.
( in comes grandpa)
My father in law decided to give my son his old diving equipment.
( why, i have no idea)
anyway I have no idea how old this stuff is and I have no intention of letting my son use it.
But I am wondering if it has any value and would be worth the effort to put on ebay.
If anyone can tell me about or if these items are worth anything I would appreciate it.

of the MANY items

1, waterlung sport-diver Navy Appr regulator (serial 1386) connected to a waterlung sport-diver first stage regulator serial 1325-44 it has a rubber strap that goes around your head, there is only 1 hose coming off the 1st stage

1, Dacor 300 octopus, First stage has 4 hoses, 1 going to a Dacor pacer regulator, 1 goes to a Dacor Dart Model D1 regulator, 1 hose going to a Black Dacor console that says performer, the console has a 3500 PSI guage, 150ft depth guage and a compass, the last hose has a connector that goes to a Aqua-lung / US divers horse collar type BC ? it is yellow and has the connector going to the octopus, a manual inflator, a CO2 inflator and what looks like a dump valve connected to a pull rope. I am not sure the BC will even hold air.

he also gave me a plastic tool box that contains a couple of pressure guages that are for checking the air pressure of you tank. one is a aqua lung /US divers it has a brass body and a 3000 psi guage connected to it.
The other one is silver with a amf voit 3000 psi guage

two what look like 1st stage regulators that are silver and both have T type handles
on says seemless and made in the USA on the T and looks like it has two ports
the other has no markings and has 3 ports

everything is used but really looks like it is decent shape.
any advice on this stuff would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!

there is more but I have not gone thru it yet

Thanks Again
Brian

Congrats on your certification! As far as your questions, vintage single-hose regulators havenot as yet become a big collectors item. There are some exceptions. Double hose on the other hand have really taken off. The horse collar might be interesting to some of the vintage divers here on the board. As for the regulator in number 1, does it look like this?

SPORTSWAYS WATERLUNG SPORT-DIVER 2ND STAGE REGULATOR - eBay (item 290255756503 end time Sep-24-08 01:42:49 PDT)

Vintage single hose regs, in good condition, go for about 50$ complete. You might want to hang onto them for sentimental reasons, and there is no "shelf life" for regs, properly serviced they last forever.

Thanks for the reply,
it does look like it but I think mine in missing the bottom exhaust peice ( or it is in the large box and I just havnt found it yet :)
The one I have is also still connected to its first stage

I just looked thru some more stuff and found a Voit Wrist mount Depth guage
I also forgot to mention he gave me a tank, it is Yellow Dacor 4c60 + PST
the valve on the tank is also a Daco and it has two knobs one is on/off and the other says UP for start of dive and down for reserve
I also noticed it test dates are stamped starting in 67 and the last one is 78

I agree with vshearer, but the vintage US Divers horse collar is unlikely that is holding air or if it is it will not for long. The attachment points to the bladder for the hose and valves tend to leak and because of the location they are not reparable.

US Divers made some really good equipment, but their early BC were some of the worst in terms of durability.

The Dacor Pacer is not that old, but the company was bought out by Mares and that regulator is not supported anymore.

The Dacor Dart is late 60’s.

The Waterlung was made by Sportsways (the first manufacturer of single hose regulators in the US), but they have not been around for at least two decades.

If serviced, some of that gear is perfectly safe to dive, but the items you have mentioned so far could be very hard to locate parts for it.

IMO, you should hold on to some of that gear since you won’t get much for it.

Good luck

I just looked thru some more stuff and found a Voit Wrist mount Depth guage
I also forgot to mention he gave me a tank, it is Yellow Dacor 4c60 + PST
the valve on the tank is also a Daco and it has two knobs one is on/off and the other says UP for start of dive and down for reserve
I also noticed it test dates are stamped starting in 67 and the last one is 78

Keep these two items...
Take the depth guage on trips as a back up and count the double-takes...

The tank is probably perfectly fine. It just need to be re-hydro. The valve is just an Dacor “J” valve. There is nothing wrong with it. It was made by Sherwood and if it needed parts (which is very unlikely) the Sherwood parts will probably fit it fine.

If you don’t want to bother with the reserve, just keep the lever down all the time and forget about it. You do have to have the reserve lever down in order to fill the tank.

The tank is most likely a steel 72 cu ft, with a stamped pressure of 2250 psi. If you get the “+” stamped during the next hydro you can fill it to 2475 psi. Actually some dive shops will fill them to 2475 anyways.

The only draw back with the tank is that being painted yellow, it may not be a galvanized steel tank, but that is not as big of a problem if you are not diving salt water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom