Vintage double hose regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kemp's Cow! Woohoooo!

Hi Doc Ed & Chip104, can you guy get me the contact info for Nautilus & Solomon? I just picked up 2 double hose regs a Da Aquamaster & Aqualung Aquamaster that will need service, normally I would have it done in the U.S. but since I live here in Cagayan de Oro puts a spin on getting gear worked on or parts. Thanks

Hi Paul,

I talked to Carol (Solomon's wife) and unfortunately they don't service double hose regs. As Solomin himself put it "We don't have everything..." (hard to believe but true!). Of course, this is true for DH specific parts like the duckbill, hoses, mouthpieces lp diaphragm, et al. For the DA, he wouldn't have the seat or spring guide. Now, if its just for the other ambient side of the 1st stage, that's a different story :D

As for me, I just got a Mistral to accompany my Phoenix Royal Aquamaster. It still has to arrive here though, but I already ordered a new single-stage diaphragm, and band clamp. Now I can bring a "loaner" for anyone interested in trying out DH diving...

PM sent

Just a thought for you Doc but I keep a small stock of basic parts on hand all the time for my and my local buddies- spare duckbill or 2, HP seat, diaphragm and the like. Basically, the things I can not get quick. Not a lot of cash and it makes things easier when myself or one of the locals needs a part quick.

Ah... I don't think I'll be running into that problem anytime soon as there's no one else around here that I know of currently actively into double-hosers (unless Chip comes back, Paul visits Manila, or Larry comes over)

But I'll take that into consideration. I'm actually making plans for a 3rd DH... uh oh.

You were warned..... it's a disease. :)

I just got a Dacor and a Nemrod....to add to the 2 Healthways I got in March..

Hey Doc,
I got over to Manila Monday had to run up to Tagaytay for a wedding had no time to visit anybody or even the scuba shop to hook up with Andy at Scuba Tech. Don't write me off as a non double hose diver yet. Have you ever done any diving at lake Taal in Tagaytay?

Y'know, the thought did cross my mind once - even got as far as bringing my kit and some tanks up to tagaytay... but never got around to doing it... There's something about fresh water that makes me anxious. The most of anything I've ever did on Taal lake was participate in some test we did back in college to assess the salinity, dissolved oxygen content, water clarity etc for an ecology class. Will need to dig up some old files (still on floppy disks!) to check that data.

Call me a tropical salt-water wuss that likes looking at the fishies, but hey, I'm game if you are :D I've got 4 LP72s if you want to dive it old-school - albeit I'll be lugging along a can-light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom