would you be interested in a card?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your thread title hooked me, but your card image clarified.

While I am definitely a vintage diver, I am not a vintage equipment diver (any more), so that makes me ineligible. I guess if I want a similar card, I’ll have to join the OFDA instead.

All interested vintage equipment divers should join the threads at

vintagedoublehose.com.

We have two fine vintage forums, one at vintagedoublehose.com and another at vintagescubasupply.com. It just happens by chance the threads concerning this subject are primarily located there at vintagedoublehose.com. That is where the names are being collected for issue of a card. A picture of yourself, something like a head and shoulder shot of you in vintage gear or similar is needed for the back side ID photo.
JFYI, most vintage activity and discussions occur on the two boards referenced above. Only occasionally does this site get some left overs. Hope this helps.
N

OK, gentlemen. Please check the link that Nemrod has provided. If you had in your picture by Sunday, January 22nd, you card will be free of cost. After that we will be processing the cards monthly and the charge per card will be $10.

Oh yeah, we found a company and the cards are now made of the same material as your regualr cert cards or credit cards.

Due to continuing issues with my email/internet and several other things now that I have gone cold turkey from good old and reliable aol because I got tired of people diss'n me with my aol service I cannot at the moment provide an active link.

Go to vintagedoublehose.com and then look for the link to the forum page. Go there and you will have to join to post. If you do not want to join you can still contact the forum master via the email link on the homepage. However, it will not hurt to join the forum, Home Land Security will not send men in black to investigate you, PadI might send out the scuba police but just show them your NAUI card and they will run cowering into the dark corners (just teasing) of the nether reaches.

Thanks everyone everywhere for laughing at my aol. Now I have two super powered computers with ethernet and high speed broadband WIRELESS internet and I cannot seem to maintain a steady email flow. Has it ever occured to folks the reason aol is popular is because it works? --Don't answer--it is a rant.

The cards are going to be fantastic, I have not seen them but the people working on them don't do half --er---way. N

A JFYI to various folks as I best understand the situation. These cards are not intended as a joke. They are not likely going to be handed out to folks not legitimately involved in the activity of vintage diving. They are meant as something to be proud to carry and to identify vintage divers as a group. These are not going to be available for dogs or jokes or grandmaw or such as that, I am pretty sure of that. If I understand correctly a certain number of the first run cards were free to known active vintage divers out of the generosity of a couple of people on a first come basis. I am pretty sure my grandmother does not dive and I am pretty sure neither of my dogs do so I will not be requesting a card for them and I don't think the requests for such purposes will be granted. It is amazing how people will take advantage of anything "free". These cards are not free, they are earned by being a legitimate member of the growing vintage communty, I am pretty sure that is how it is intended. N

OK...due to people trying to abuse the "free card deal" the offer has been discontinued.

A lot of effort had been put into the making of this card, it was intended for serious use, not as a gag. It was thought of as way to join people with the same interest - Vintage Equipment Diving. Sad that some people get carried away when they read the word "FREE".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom