Vintage Dive May 9, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
We got a chance to do a vintage dive today.

Turtleguy used one of his oldest regs, I think it's from 1949. He had it overhauled last year, but today was the first time to use it. Kudos to OWIC647!

I'll let Turtleguy post the details, I'll just post a couple of pictues

Aloha All.
Just had a couple days of vintage diving with an out of town guest. We dove the wreck of the YO-257, down to 102 feet. I dove my first dive with the Voit Trieste that my wife usually uses. My guest dove his Nemrod, my what a pretty regulator, I ought to get one sometime.

Lisa came along and took photos of us on the dive. Too bad the shark would not cooperate and didn't get in the picture with us. But Lisa did get a bunch of shots of us with the seaturtles. Vis was 100+ that morning.

Second dive, we did Turtle Canyon, 40 feet, with lots more Turtles. I ended up having to lead a dive tour anyway, but did it in my vintage gear. I finally got the chance to dive my Broxton DA, and Lisa was a bit off - it's from 1952, and it works great. I loaned my buddy my Square Label Royal Aquamaster for the dive. The reg is engraved Sea Lab # 45, I wish I knew if it was from the Sea Lab Project.

I guess if I can't dive with you guys on the Florida vintage trips, you will just have to come over and dive with Lisa and me.
I dive six and sometimes seven days a week, but its really great to dive vintage and have some real fun.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

Lisa, nice pictures. I would liked to have been there.

I love the look of the vintage gear. From the old "sharkskin" 1/4 inch wetsuits to the double hose regs. If I win the lottery I am buying the complete set, a Navy Mark 16 rebreather and a Mark V dive helmet and suit. The Mark V would look really cool standing in my bar/dining room. If I could incorporate a rebreather into the Mark V suit I would stalk unsuspecting divers in my local quarry, rattling chains like the ghost of an old diver.......

justleesa:

OH, PS: THESE PICTURES ARE COPYRIGHTED! Don't want to see any of my pics popping up, without my permission, on someones website or business cards again. Legal steps will be taken. Thank you!

Awesome pics Leesa!

Is this why we have been deprived your pictures in your gallery ? That sucks!! If you are not going to sue, I think public humiliation should be considered as a minimum sentence for these dastardly folks. No?

Glad you liked the pics - nothing compared to yours though :wink:

Back
Top Bottom