vintage BCD - Fenzy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nir

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I happen to have these old BCDS and backplates, does anyone know what they are worth? I know they are not for use but they are in pretty good condition, meaning nothing is torn and everything is attached
I can’t find anything online about it, anyone know? Do you know how much and if it is worth anything?
BCDS.jpeg

Just for argument sake : a hard core collector might reproach the word 'Fenzy' (which can be applied to a collar BC, or Mae West kind) was in fact the name of the manufacturer : Maurice Fenzy, which designed diving equipment in France, during the 50s. Later on, the company was integrated into la Spirotechnique (now Aqualung).

Sorry, I know I'm not a big help.

Omg... one of the guys from the waterski club came out to help me with the scuba and his bc was that yellow thing... I laughed and said, "it's cool, I'll do the diving." lol

Just for argument sake : a hard core collector might reproach the word 'Fenzy' (which can be applied to a collar BC, or Mae West kind) was in fact the name of the manufacturer : Maurice Fenzy, which designed diving equipment in France, during the 50s. Later on, the company was integrated into la Spirotechnique (now Aqualung).

Sorry, I know I'm not a big help.
so what is the more accurate way if not Fenzy? collar BC?

In English, I'm not sure. I remember BSAC old timers calling it a "Mae West". In French, it'd be "bouée collerette", which is indeed collar BC.

Horsecollar

And what is your funny story all about considering we can outdive the lot of you on watermanship alone
without having had to drag the sad bank manager to the dive shop, for gear you don't know how to use

Screenshot (85).png

And what is your funny story all about considering we can outdive the lot of you on watermanship alone
without having had to drag the sad bank manager to the dive shop, for gear you don't know how to use

Hmmm... Sounds to me, you're exactly the type of diver that convinced me to stop DMing classes.

As far as watermanship (more like your one-ups-manship), your attitude alone has already handed you the 1st place - loss.

🎤

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom