Viking Pro Drysuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maverix

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello I have a Vulcanized Ruber Drysuit as mentioned in the title. The sealing edge of my zipper has a small tear in it (3/16")and I really don't want to have to send it in unless I absolutely have to. Is there a liquid rubber solution that I can use to smooth this out and create a sealable surface?
Thanks!
-Mav

I just did an expediant fix on a zipper with aquaseal. thin it down so that it is a runny liquid, and then paint on a very thin coat on the affected area. keep anything else from touching it until it is thoroughly dry (12-24 hours)

this is a delaying tactic only, it may last one dive or 10 or 100, but the zipper will need to be replaced.

Thanks guys that is what I figured. Anyone have anybody that they have used that they would recommend again? How much am I looking at for the zipper? $250 to $300?
Thanks!
Mav

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom