Views from Raja Ampat ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've spent the past six days at Raja4Divers, in the northern part of Raja Ampat. The internet connection here is slow, and so I've not been posting pictures. Today we leave to go back to the mainland, where I'll have better internet. And so I'll use this thread to post some pics from my past few days of diving.

This morning I was able to download one picture to Photobucket ... it took about 20 minutes. And so I'll start the thread with that one ... perhaps my "shot of the trip" ... more to come in the next day or so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

IMG_8101.jpg

That's one crazy picture, took me a really long time to figure out what it was. It's looking up at the surface with a dock above you? That bushy thing to the left makes it first look like that is a tree on land and you're looking down into water from above.

... from a depth of 18 feet, inverted (head down, feet up) in heavy current. It's the most difficult shot I've ever taken ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Here are some pics from my week in Raja Ampat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)IMG_7566.jpgIMG_7809.jpgIMG_8041.jpgIMG_8101.jpgIMG_8169.jpgIMG_8180.jpgIMG_8183.jpgIMG_8131.jpgIMG_7828.jpgIMG_7837.jpgIMG_7648.jpgIMG_7769.jpgIMG_7777.jpg

What the heck is the 5th one???? Cool picture, but I have no idea what it is.

Looking forward to a trip report re Raja4divers.

... it's looking into the syphon of a giant clam ... I thought it looked like an eye ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nice work Bob, very good composition, those photos really want to make me go on a dive, inspiring.
Wide angle is one of my favorite underwater photography mediums.
What equip are you using?

Last edited:
Thanks ... I'm using a Canon T2i (cropped sensor DSLR), Sea & Sea RDX550 housing, and two S&S YS110a strobes. On those wide-angle shots I was using a Tokina 11-17 mm lens and 4-inch Zen dome port ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom