Viewing Photos from Camera on Kindle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The easiest solution is to take the card out of the camera and put it into a reader that plugs into the Kindle Fire.
If she has an original Fire, she can't, it's all via WiFi. I would've saved a lot of typing if I thought that.
The Kindle Fire is Amazon’s first tablet and while it has a lot of good things going for it, one of the three biggest disappointments with the Kindle Fire is the fact that it comes with just 5.37 GB of available storage space (plus an additional 1.17 GB for apps) and doesn’t have any memory card slots or support for USB drives for memory expansion.

This might work to store files from the Camera directly bypassing the Fire. http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Wi-Drive-External-WID-16GBZ/dp/B00576APBQ/

So does two 8GB memory cards though...

I just purchased an EZ Share SD card. It works kinda like blue tooth to send the pics to my tablet.I have their ap on my tablet and the card sends the pics without taking the card out of the camera. You can even transfer the pics while out on the boat. It has its own photo editor that is simple to use. It works well but I haven't tried it out in the housing yet. My camera doesn't have WiFi itself and my tablet uses micro SD cards so this workes for me. The card isn't cheap. About 36.00 for a 8 gig. Last year I took a different SD card for every day of diving and had to wait till I got back home to view them so it is worth it to me.

There is a Canon Image Gateway App for Ipad or Android devices thru the Google Play store. There is no Fire compatible version. If you have a smart phone, the App will work on some of them also.

If there's an app on Google Play, it's possible to side load it on your Fire. ES has a tool to backup an application. Then get it on your Kindle Fire and install. Again, some technical ability required, but would only take a few minutes if you knew what you were doing.

---------- Post added April 25th, 2014 at 08:43 AM ----------

And I agree with the above, probably just easier to buy a cheap Android tablet that has Google services (not all of them do, especially the cheaper ones) and just install the app from the play store.

If there's an app on Google Play, it's possible to side load it on your Fire. ES has a tool to backup an application. Then get it on your Kindle Fire and install. Again, some technical ability required, but would only take a few minutes if you knew what you were doing.
I almost brought that up - but:
You can tell I'm not too computer/tech savy so any help
You can also do it with from that third party Android loader. I had it on my Kindle for a while. But some of the more Generic apps would install but not run. And the Canon App would also have to be Android 2.2 compatible. IDK that it is/isn't.

Or root the Kindle. I'm toying with this idea for mine. Since I don't use most of what you lose.Turn your Kindle Fire into an Android 4.2 tablet - CNET

I had rooted my Kindle Fire and then one day it just lost root and my root backup was gone. *sigh* I had the google services installed as well. I always felt like it was always running slower, so I set it back to factory defaults and it definitely runs better. I don't use it much anymore though and probably should just give it to one of my kids as an e-reader.

I think you need a new husband that doesn't tell you can't take required gear on a trip. If your regulators had been stolen, would you be limited to snorkelling? If your snorkel was stolen, then what... golf?

Geez... ;-)

You can do that with a Kingston Mobilelite, which creates its own wifi network. This works fine for say ~100 pics at a time but beyond that it tends to choke. Also the transfer is quite slow. I would use a computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom