video vs stills and tips...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhelmuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Having recently added photography (or should I say videography?) to my diving skills, I would like to hear from some of you on your feelings and experience of video vs. stills. What format do you prefer and why? What are your perceived pros/cons on these? I'd also love to hear from you on tips on equipment, shooting, editing, etc.
I am planning to do both (video and stills), as I like both, but I opted for digital video first because I was able to assemble a pretty cool rig less expensively than I could a proper camera setup ( Panasonic DV102 for $90 - a display model at Target, and an Aquatix housing for $359 + $72 for the UR Pro CY filter). I've gotten 6+ hours of really good to great video of my recent trip to Belize, and will soon delve into the editing part. I'd like to do an Oly digital camera set up with strobe, so I know I'm looking at $1000+ to get there. Until then I'm happy to play with the video.

Back
Top Bottom