Video: Q-Tip and GPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wow, a Lobos kicking site I haven't heard of before? I'm so there! Q-Tip is a small boulder with a head of Metridium at the top, and sits in 100 ft, a bit to the west of Granite Point Pinnacles. It's not a particularly scenic destination by itself (I think it's more of a navigation waypoint for scooter divers heading out to Thumbs Up or Crossroads Pinnacle). But in this case the fun was in the journey--I love the tall pinnacles and towering walls out at Granite Point, and we had a great time meandering around on our way out and back in.

As soon as we hit Q-Tip, we were assaulted by some scooterers heading back from parts unknown, who showed half bemusement at seeing us and half concern at how far in the middle of nowhere we were. Of course, Cynthia was being her usual human compass and got us back to the cove without any issue.

[youtubehq]PbfMauFz4Zc[/youtubehq]

Awesome video Ken! Almost 2 hours dive, that's amazing.

Great video Ken

You were super quick draw on the camera for the sheep's head that swam by. I like that little crab, I'm pretty sure he was the little mayor of that rock.

-Erik

As usual, thanks all for the kind words.

Erik, it was great diving with you again!

I always find that cool stuff happens so quickly underwater (another dive team scoots past, a guitarfish, leopard shark or MONDO sheephead flits by you and into the mist) that I'm always paranoid to turn off the camcorder.

Great video, Kenn, and it looks like the dive itself was a lot of fun. And I feel you on the camera paranoia, but if I want to see really good stuff I gotta clip mine off. :idk:

Peace,
Greg

Ken,

I enjoyed this video because of the clarity of the water, you had some really nice viz... So nice to see the distance of the divers and how they move around so naturally... I also like how one of the team divers is on his back on doubles and then inverts back to position... :)

MG

Looks like it was a lovely day . . . but the music is sad -- I kept waiting for the caption that said someone was leaving, or some other sad ending.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom