video of a sixgill shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bandulia

New
Reaction score
Sixgills apparently live at depth but on this fortunate occasion I came across one at <100 feet. Video here: http://www.stage6.com/underwater

It wasn't clear who was following who and at one point (neither of us being able to swim backwards) we ended up nose to nose.

Has anyone else seen a sixgill around?

I don't have much to say other than "wow"!

Very cool video. Can you be more precise on the location and depth of this encounter? What was the water temp?

Willie

In 2005 I saw six gills at The Pinacle in Hood Canal and just off of Mike's Beach Resort.

Both times in 100 plus feet of water.

In 2006 only one siting and that was at the Pinacle again.

So far this year none.

They are so cool.

Mike...

Very cool vid.!
Last summer was my first sighting and I managed to see 3 different sharks out of about 10 attempts. I too am interested in the details,where? time of year? time of day? I must swim with sharks again.I put a video on youtube if your interested search seamonster01
If you are near the seattle area the folks at the aquarium will be interested to know about your encounter. There is a form at their website.

Back
Top Bottom