Video of a CO2 hit & Rebreather info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just when I thought I wanted to learn the RB!!
I'm trained on two CCRs, the Steam Machines PRISM Topaz and the Jetsam Sport Kiss, by two different instructors through two different agencies. Not repacking the scrubber was covered in both course materials as well as the instructors.

The same is true about the owner's manuals from the manufacturers, as well as other course material, owner's manuals and general RB books, articles, papers etc I have. I can't recall having any document that suggests this approach is safe or recommended.

So if you want to "to learn the RB" you should be well covered.

That video, IIRC, is a couple of years old, and repacking the scrubber with used sorb is far from common practice. There are always a few people playing Russian Roulette with their scrubbers, may it be repacking, diving far beyond manufacturer's specs, making untested modifications or else. Most do so knowingly and are willing to take risk. Some have lost the gamble and paid the ultimate price.

Great Video, One thing mentioned was they were new to Rebreathers, and i guess thats why the team didnt relize he was going through a Co2 hit.

One Q i asked my self, when he bailed out, they seemed to stay down for a while, and usalley when somone bails, its because its due to a failure with the RB, and you would think they would have started their accents alot quicker as a team??

Also how deep were they? 3 liters of bail out, at 45 breathes per min, isnt much, no wonder why the por guy paniced, with all that Co2 buildup, one thing even on the Dolphin, I'll never stretch the limits of my dolphin, after 2 hours, which is 2 dives for me, I'm repacking that baby, the cost of the Snoflime isnt worth a Co2 hit for anyone !!

Great video, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom