Video: May 3 2009 dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Pretty quiet in here lately. Here's a short video from Sunday at Point Lobos. Heavy overcast, but flat, flat water. Viz was about 20ft give or take, and the kelp canopy is really starting to come back - some areas had that ominous nighttime feel, which made for a great dive!

YouTube - Dive at Point Lobos, Monterey

Ken,

As always, I am very impressed with your video introduction. The music on this particular clip really relaxes you. I totally love your HID lights, the way they probe the floor of the sea. I'm happy becuase I finally have one and I see areas in the reef previously ignored because of the shades of darkness.

Thanks for sharing...

MG

Nice video, and I like Team Bunny at the end.

It was nice seeing you guys at Lobos on Sunday.

Our first dive was at Great Pinnacle and the vis was a little better than in Whaler's. We probably had 40 ft at GP, a little better down deep.

LOTS of jellies in the water column at GP, I counted at least ten different types, including some comb jellies showing off their colors.

Thanks all!

Dan, it was good to see you too! Argh, I have to admit I was totally distracted while we were sitting there waiting for the boat guys to clear out and I didn't recognize ya. Next time I'll be more social :) I haven't been out to GP yet. Still relegated to kicking from the ramp so scooter buddies have to kick with me (to their chagrin). Boat diving from Lobos sounds awesome (as long as you don't lose your trailer on the ramp at low tide :D)

Back
Top Bottom