Video Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its certainly a good idea to have at least power power on-off, and record as a control as it provides this essental power managment. It sounds too clumbsy to turn the camera on then close up the housing and get then the dive gear on. (or the other way around ?) nither operation should be rushed. oring inspection should be not be rushed when closing the housing.

For an example small cheep lanc controller is the WACO DRM-1 small, power on power off, record , photo, zoom. Looks like its on one circuit board when you remove from the case, so it certinally would be small enough to fit inside the housing for the reed switch solution.

I built a PVC one similar to Blazers and left some space at the rear to place a small monitor so I could see what I am shooting. Thread about it is titled "LCD display for DIY video housing" if interested in some of the recommendations I got on where to find a monitor. The trick is finding one small enough to fit in the housing.

Back
Top Bottom