Video from Spiegel Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fncrow

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Short video from on of my grove dives.

nice video, I dove the Spiegel Grove a few years ago.

I must say that is an interesting kick style your buddy has, sort of a frog-flutter hybrid :)

Hi! Which video camera did you use for this? I'm hoping to find one soon and I enjoy the quality in this.

Canon S95 in an ikelite housing

Not bad, especially for a still camera! So did you buy a red filter for shooting the video or just edit color post? Nice steady shots, too.
My only complaint about it is that it is a bit long without any really "wow" moment. It would add some bang to the video to shorten it and add in some shots looking down the line at the wreck, or looking up at the diveboat, so some other perspective type shot. The whole video seems to have the same pace with the same type of shot. Sometimes mixing in a variety of shots helps longer videos keep from dragging. Just my 2 cents.

Overall, a very nice job though.

robin

Not bad, especially for a still camera! So did you buy a red filter for shooting the video or just edit color post? Nice steady shots, too.
My only complaint about it is that it is a bit long without any really "wow" moment. It would add some bang to the video to shorten it and add in some shots looking down the line at the wreck, or looking up at the diveboat, so some other perspective type shot. The whole video seems to have the same pace with the same type of shot. Sometimes mixing in a variety of shots helps longer videos keep from dragging. Just my 2 cents.

Overall, a very nice job though.

robin

hah, yea i know. It was more of something to just toss up real quick to show family. I film each time i dive it and once i have enough i plan on putting together a much better video of the whole wreck.

But yes i was using a red filter. No post editing color correction.

Gear:
Canon S95
Ikelite W-20 WA Lens
Red Filter
Ikelite housing

before i continue on with my little project though im gonna order a video light and maybe a better lens.

nice video, I dove the Spiegel Grove a few years ago.

I must say that is an interesting kick style your buddy has, sort of a frog-flutter hybrid :)

I dive with a guy that uses that exact kick. It's weird.

As for the video, good job. I enjoyed watching it.

Great video, brought back some great memories! I've dove the Speigel Gove 3 times. The very first time was my AOW night dive, what a blast!! If you get the chance about 30 mins from there (by boat) is the Bibb. If the current isn't bad it's incredible!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom