Video filitering software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zosimus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just being the rookie that I am, I’ve been checking out some things and had a good question for any of you guru’s out there.

Let me start off with my rookie camera. I have an Intova 6mp digital camera that also takes video at low res. Bought this camera because it was cheap ($110 and included housing) and thought it would be cool to grab a few snap shots here and there when diving. To tell you the truth I’ve been pretty impressed with it. Now I know that it doesn’t hold a candle to some of these rigs I see you guys have, but I’ve been having tons of fun with it.

I started using Google Picasa to filter my pictures and I have to say it does a hell of a job. Just a single click on the “I’m feeling lucky” button and it filters the colors nicely. Check out my attachments for before/after pictures.

As of yet I have not been using a lens filter when diving, just been filtering them when I get home with the software.

Which brings me to my question…

I have been taking some low res video with my camera and was wondering if there was a program like Picasa for video. Something that would “scrub” the video so to speak to filter the colors like I have been doing with Picasa.

Thanks guys! (and gals) :wink:

Attachments

• a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 45
  • b2.JPG
    b2.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 52
  • a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 54
  • b4.JPG
    b4.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 51
I was wondering the same thing. I *think* cs3 can do it, but not sure how. I messed with it for quite a while.

You will need some form of editing software, as Empty mentions Final Cut Studio is awesome, but I believe Final Cut Express also has colour correction. If you are PC based premiere pro is good, Edius is good and also Sony Vegas. What you need to do is basically add color back to the shots most notably red. Normally adding a little contrast too helps.

You will need some form of editing software, as Empty mentions Final Cut Studio is awesome, but I believe Final Cut Express also has colour correction. If you are PC based premiere pro is good, Edius is good and also Sony Vegas. What you need to do is basically add color back to the shots most notably red. Normally adding a little contrast too helps.

I believe that FC Express does have the 3-wheel color corrector but what I'm willing to help with is a much more powerful tool, Color. Color is an extremely intimidating application upon first launch, and it should be. It was originally a $25K app called Final Touch but it can be mastered by anyone and do more for your videos then you could even imagine. With the newer releases of Mac OSX it's really easy to take over someone's screen and show what you can do with their own footage. But not all footage is equal, the better the exposure and colors are, the more you have to work with.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom