video editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
ok, i got premiere and i put together a nice bunch of clips that i took off my camcorder. i also laid down an audio track. but when i render the whole thing comes out choppy and the audio is all broken up. this has to be due to the compression but there are like a million codecs to choose from. anyone have any settings out there that have worked for them. i m getting depressed as i thought this whole thing would be alot easier.

What is the source / MiniDV, VHS, ???

What are you playing back - AVI, VHS, DVD, cDVD?

What version of Premiere?

If you are burning a DVD, are you using a constant bit rate (if so what?) or variable bit rate?

i am taking the clips from my sony mini dv camcorder
i have premiere 6.0 but its too hard to figure out, so i am using this dazzle program. it automatically selects dv-avi ntsc as the format with uncompressed audio, the results are horrible. i tried using mpeg-II dvd as the format, with a res of 720 x 486 at 29.97 frame rate. its MUCH MUCH better but the video is still choppy. the whole clip now is like pause fast motion pause fast motion ect. the audio is much better. could it be my carppy computer just doesnt have the resources neccessary to render this kind of project. i am using a celeron 2 G.hrtz . maybe its this crappy program too, guess ill just have to hurry up and learn the premiere.

attempt using photo jpeg as your codec. Quality is not the greatest but its not the worst. Also try to use H264. If your computer wont play back these two codecs then you need to get more RAM. Also after you render, shut down your computer to give it a cold boot and let it rest for about 5-10 seconds then boot it back up and play it back. Your computer might not be equipped to handle this video. How long is it? Also what is your data rate?

Back
Top Bottom