(video) California Kelp diving (Catalina & San Clemente) with GoPRO Hero 3 black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midael

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

Had another rainy weekend to re-visit footage from 2013 dive trip to southern California channel islands on board Vision of Truth aquatics (Santa Catalina and San Clemente islands). Footage has been composed in Premiere PRO CS6. No filters used, color graded in Premiere.

[video=vimeo;98817501]http://vimeo.com/98817501[/video]

I hope you like it. My second GoPro 'production'. Have to admit that compared to big DSLR rig, gopro has some [size] advantages when navigating the kelp and the swell and the waves.

Hello All,

Had another rainy weekend to re-visit footage from 2013 dive trip to southern California channel islands on board Vision of Truth aquatics (Santa Catalina and San Clemente islands). Footage has been composed in Premiere PRO CS6. No filters used, color graded in Premiere.

[video=vimeo;98817501]http://vimeo.com/98817501[/video]

I hope you like it. My second GoPro 'production'. Have to admit that compared to big DSLR rig, gopro has some [size] advantages when navigating the kelp and the swell and the waves.

Your video was very enjoyable to watch! I really like the way you timed the music to go along with swaying kelp and sea grass. You have some great angles in this video. The mix between active and tranquil shots combined with the matching music made it especially entertaining and fun to watch. I learned many things from watching your video, thanks for sharing!

I almost cried when I watched the healthy kelp forests. Due to the extremely warm temperatures and hurricane surge this year, much of our kelp forests on Catalina are gone. But they will come back... it has happened a number of times in my 45 years of diving Catalina waters.

I'm feeling a bit off...where is the video?

Back
Top Bottom