video: Bonaire, Buddy's house reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since I am currently camcorderless (you can read about it on my Roatan trip report), I have decided to go back and re-edit some of my older videos while I try to save up money for an HD camcorder. When I did my Bonaire videos originally, I didn't have Vimeo so I had to make them smaller and lower quality in order to post them on my website. Now with Vimeo I can do wide-screen and higher quality... Yeah! So I am attempting to go back and recreate some videos from past trips. Here is the first one:

Bonaire2007_Diving the house reef at Buddy's on Vimeo
just click on the link and let the video load completely (you have to start it then stop). I think that reef is the best one on the island for several reasons, mostly that we saw almost every kind of fish or critter found in Bonaire just steps from our room. :D
Let me know what you think!

robin:D

This was my first time in this forum and what a great post to find. Thank you for the "mini-dive". Being landlocked, it seems like a long time until I will be in the water again (even though March isn't that far away). Your video was like a little vacation for me. I love the octopus!

Great video! I even watched another one of yours, at Roatan. These were two of the best scuba videos I have seen! Thanks!

The video is a compilation of dives at Buddy's over the week. We did that reef every day and found something cool each time (as you can see from the video). Since I didn't have lights at the time, I didn't take the camcorder in on our night dives there which were also awesome! I had a big tarpon riding on my back one whole dive using my dive light to hunt. He darted over my shoulder to get something and scared the bejeezus out of me! LOL Ron almost choked to death laughing...

The octopus was kinda funny. He was sitting right out in the open and had camoflaged himself so well that my hubby swam right over him without seeing him. I saw him, then had to go catch Ron and bring him back to it. The octo sat there fine until there were two of us looking at him, then he changed color and went down into his hole. :D He was just off the resort, maybe 35' deep water. We told some others about it when we got back to shore and everyone had seen him at some point during the day every day. So after that we always looked for him - but he was ususally down in a hole rather than sitting out again.

NJmike - Thanks for the nice comments. I have lots of videos on Vimeo from different places. I think my best ones are from this past year in Calif and Nekton Bahamas trips. I have Palau videos also but those need to be redone and I should be working on them in the coming months.

Nice video, man I have to hurry and get back down there. :wink:

Robin,

Both the videos and the choice of music for each are great. Thanks for posting. We head down to Bonaire for our first trip in early April!

Lee

thanks everybody! I hope to get a few more Bonaire videos done this week. I'll be sure to post them here. :D
If you want to see any of my other videos, or my old videos of Bonaire, just click on the Vimeo link in my signature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom