Video: 6/25/10 E2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ae3753

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Took a day off on Friday and was treated to fantastic topside conditions. With the water flat, Kevin selected E2 and it ended up being an amazing dive. It's my first time to E2, and that pinnacle is huge!

Thanks, Phil and Kevin for the very easy day of diving.

[youtubehq]gYaW3iqZvbw[/youtubehq]

Wow, gorgeous and brooding; seems like it was quite dark at depth!

Wow,

That is an amazing video Don. Just incredible how the pinnacle looks at that depth, actually I haven't seen much video from past 100'.

Just takes your breath away on how those can lights become beams at that depth. I remember how much the natural light dissipates within 100' feet.

What kind of gas do you guys breathe when you pass 100' feet, I'm curious?

Thanks,

MG

Last edited:
...What kind of gas do you guys breathe when you pass 100' feet, I'm curious?

Thanks,

MG

To 190 ft would be 21/35 (GUE standard gases).

The non-DIR answer would be to keep the END to less than 100 ft and PO2 between 1.2 and 1.4.

If the dive is to 150 ft, 22%, 25% oxygen would get you 1.2 and 1.4 respectively, 20% helium has an END of ~100 ft.

Deco on 50% oxygen from 70ft to 20ft. Pure oxygen from 20ft to the surface.

Thanks, guys!

The water was quite green, and there was a layer from the surface to about 50'. As the result, it was quite dark at depth, and the video made it look even darker.

Yep, we dove standard gases - 21/35 for back gas with 50% O2 for deco. Since I hadn't been deco diving for a few months and it was my first time on Phil's rib, I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

The cluster of hermissendas were sweet. Even though E2 is covered with life, Kevin did all the spotting. I was more checking out the structure and marveling at the shear size of E2. Kevin spotted some 2mm nudis that we've never seen before. But then again, I'm not a knowledgeable (or a very good) nudi hunter.

It really was a fun and easy dive. But that's cause Phil and Kevin made it so easy.

Wow, great video!!! Amazing how bright your canister light was at depth.

Thanks for sharing your video.

Cool video, Don! The pile-o-Hermissenda's were a great find. I really enjoy diving videos where I can hear the divers.

Back
Top Bottom