Victoria House And Fantasea Dive Shop Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are thinking of going to Belize in the fall to stay at Victoria House. We like the looks of the grounds and rooms, hammocks at the room, and quality of service. Has anyone stayed here? Any feedback good or bad?

Their dive package includes diving with Fantasea Dive Shop which seems to only be at Victoria House. Anyone familiar with this shop? Should we go with that or book separately?

Any suggestions for dive operators who would pick us up at Victoria House is welcome.

Thank you for helping us plan a great trip!

I have eaten there and the shrimp wrapped with bacon was fantabulous.. Being rated one of the finest small properties in the Caribbean should cover the review part. Have not used their dive shop.

I haven't stayed at the Victoria House, but I have read a lot of very favorable reviews. It's especially popular for weddings and honeymooners. It would probably be high on my list of places to stay if I ever make it to AC.

While I haven't actually stayed there, I've toured most of the rooms, have spent time on the grounds, eaten there and enjoyed the bar/lounge area more than once. It's wonderful and I'd stay in a heartbeat.

As was pointed out by Downing, it's winning all the awards for a reason.

I'm not familiar with Fantasies but I've never heard a bad word either. Seems unlikely that Victoria House would have anything less than a top-notch dive operation.

Do you have to book your dives at the same time you book your room? Is it a package deal you're looking for?

If not, decide when you get there. As far as I know, any of the other dive operations will pick up at any of the hotels.

I wouldn't get the full meal package either, not because their food isn't excellent but because there's so many other restaurants to enjoy.

Victoria House is great no question there but the dive operation is an afterthought. I have a lot of respect for the Bradleys who run their boats from the Victoria House dock but the dive shop is small and most guest are diving with other shops that pick up on that dock.

Last edited:
That probably explains why I don't hear much about them. :)

While I haven't actually stayed there, I've toured most of the rooms, have spent time on the grounds, eaten there and enjoyed the bar/lounge area more than once. It's wonderful and I'd stay in a heartbeat.

As was pointed out by Downing, it's winning all the awards for a reason.

I'm not familiar with Fantasies but I've never heard a bad word either. Seems unlikely that Victoria House would have anything less than a top-notch dive operation.

Do you have to book your dives at the same time you book your room? Is it a package deal you're looking for?

If not, decide when you get there. As far as I know, any of the other dive operations will pick up at any of the hotels.

I wouldn't get the full meal package either, not because their food isn't excellent but because there's so many other restaurants to enjoy.

you are welcome

Apparently Fantaseas just books diving with other dive ops. Looks like we'll go with Ambergris Divers since they seem to have a good reputation and good sized boats (we don't want small boats), unless someone has a better recommendation for great service with larger boats.

Why don't you wait until you get down there and go and check out the dive ops with your own eyes? How big a boat do you need? Check out the boats ', cleanliness, orderliness, how you're greeted, treated, etc.

Why don't you wait until you get down there and go and check out the dive ops with your own eyes? How big a boat do you need? Check out the boats ', cleanliness, orderliness, how you're greeted, treated, etc.

Good idea! I was thinking about that but not sure if the dive op we want books up if we can dive the very next day when we arrive? When I go to Cozumel the dive op I use will frequently be booked full.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom