Very new and starting to feel anxious

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everybody is different, but what really worked well for me is knowing "if X goes wrong, I do Y." There was nothing specific about breathing underwater that wasn't ultimately in my control. You'll learn what to do if anything goes wrong. That seemed to answer all the "what ifs" for me.

Ive just had a little practice in a swimming pool with my snorkel, diving down and purging my snorkel.... which I haven’t really ever done much of before while snorkelling. But i felt this has helped a bit, so i may continue doing little activities like this just to get my confidence up :)

It's like learning how to ride a bicycle. At first it may be a little scary but after you get used to it, it's quite fun. :) The way to overcome that scariness is just to actually get on the bicycle and ride it. No need to worry though because open water training has training wheels :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom