Very Heavy Dry Suit - Need Input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Hunter/Gates Pro Am 1050. It is one of those environmental jobs. Super heavy rubber! The d@#n thing weights 20lbs. I am beginning to wonder why anyone would dive these things, unless they need contamination protection.

Anyone out there diving these have tips on comfort/dexterity?

Get in the water. You become neutrally buoyant!

theskull

RDP:
I have a Hunter/Gates Pro Am 1050. It is one of those environmental jobs. Super heavy rubber! The d@#n thing weights 20lbs. I am beginning to wonder why anyone would dive these things, unless they need contamination protection.

Me too! :wink:

It's not so heavy in the water, but the heavy material translates into stiffer range of motion. At least that is how it feels to me.

I guess a positive is the warmth the suit itself provides.

How much did you pay for this thing that's heavy, stiff, and has a latex hood you don't like?

jonnythan:
How much did you pay for this thing that's heavy, stiff, and has a latex hood you don't like?

Sounds pretty dumb; right? I don't have much in it. It's a first dry suit. I thought it would be a good suit to figure out what I want in a dry suit before spending the $$. Due to fit issues and lack of rentals in my area, I was not able test suits. The suits that were available would not fit around my chest and calves. (I'm built like a M&M dude!)

So, I took what I could find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom