Vertigo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plongere

Registered
Reaction score
Got a problem with vertigo (sometimes). When I ascend, can be the pool or open water, I sometimes get vertgo if I ascend while I am in a vertical position. If I ascend in a slightly horizontal position, like swimming up a gradual rise it doesn't seem to occur. Usually this happens just below the surface or just as I surface. It goes away in a couple of seconds, but it is very disconcerting.

I have tried to come up vertically very very slowly and while it decreases the incidents they still occur. Any suggestions (besides stay somewhat horizontal)? Anyone know what is going on? It also affects my wife sometimes as well. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the thread. It looks like what my problem may be. I guess the vertical vs. slightly horizontal may be speed of ascent not sure. Anyway, thanks for the thread. I had looked but didn't see it before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom