Versa Pro Question - Recall Send In?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ltstanfo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello,

I purchased a new (closeout / discontinued stock) in the box Versa Pro wrist computer from my LDS today. They no longer carry the Oceanic product line.

I am quite happy with the purchase but in doing some research I have discovered the recall notice. My Versa Pro is indeed an r2A edition but the serial number is 012 553, which as I understand it is outside the base of the recall range.

My question is does this unit need to be sent in for upgrade to r2B? If this unit is not part of the recall range is there any benifit in upgrading to r2B?

Thank you,
Ltstanfo
Huntsville, AL

Your serial number 012 553 is within the affected range - 12000 - 18176.

While the occurance of this issue is extremely rare and limited to Gauge Mode, it is recommended that you have it upgraded to rev. 2B. You may return it to a local Oceanic dealer to coordinate return to us, or send it directly. The following links will help in either case.

Locate an Authorized Oceanic Dealer closest to you.

Instructions for returns direct to the factory.

Should you have any questions, please contact our toll free Customer Service Department at (800) 435-3483 or locally at (510) 562-0500 between 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday Pacific Time.

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I made the mistake of leaving the leading zero "0" in the serial number. My mistake (that's what I get for working in a lab where every digit is significant... I need to learn to leave that environment behind at the end of the day).

I will start the process of sending it directly to the factory.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom