Versa Pro download problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtivat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was bent on a dive yesterday and DAN would like the dive profile from my Versa Pros. For some reason I cannot download that dive every time I try it "fails". The dive before that dive will download but says it was a 840 minute dive it was really only 60 minutes. Both computers do the same thing??

Glad your ok. I have a VP but never had an issue like that.

I use a Versa Pro 1 (not the Versa Pro 2 that were recalled) and I've never had any issues with my downloads when used to calculate my dives or in gauge mode.
The Versa 2's were recalled because of a time calculation error running in gauge mode only. Which version of the Versa are you flying??

Since you're posting, I'm guessing you're okay and that's good.

oceanic:
While operating in the User Selected Digital Gauge Mode, displayed Elapsed Dive Time can be in excess of actual elapsed time.
This error would lead you to think your deco was finished when it wasn't.

I use a Versa Pro 1 (not the Versa Pro 2 that were recalled) and I've never had any issues with my downloads when used to calculate my dives or in gauge mode.
The Versa 2's were recalled because of a time calculation error running in gauge mode only. Which version of the Versa are you flying??

Since you're posting, I'm guessing you're okay and that's good.

This error would lead you to think your deco was finished when it wasn't.

Hey Brian I do not know which version they are, how do I tell?

Yes I am ok I just took my second ride in the chamber and feel fine. I took a shoulder hit I will post the whole story soon.

Hey Brian I do not know which version they are, how do I tell?

Yes I am ok I just took my second ride in the chamber and feel fine. I took a shoulder hit I will post the whole story soon.

JT,

I'm sorry to hear about round #2. I remember round #1 was suspected to be the gaiters being too tight.

The original Versa has a yellow button on the right side and I believe the Versa 2 has a blue button on the right side. You can also get the SW revison and the serial number to display if you don't let go of the activation button when you wake the unit up.

oceanic recall notice:
Oceanic Versa Pro 2A Dive Computers subject to the recall are only the revision 2A units which have serial numbers 12000 through 18176 which is located on the side of the module and can be viewed if after the front button is depressed to activate the unit, it is held depressed until the Diagnostic Mode screen completes its countdown and the Serial Number screen appears displaying the moduleÃÔ SN and software firmware revision (r2A). The unit will shut Off when released.

They are both yellow. But I can still not get them to download!

What was the sampling rate set to for the dives that won't download?? It's possible they ran out of memory if they were set to the 2 second sampling interval.
Does the dive appear normal when viewing them in the log mode??

It's longshot but if you want, send one to me and I could try downloading one of them here on my machine.

jtivat,

Are you interested in downloading it with some Non Oceanic s/w?
Anydydragon, and I have written code that can download the
Oceanic/Aeris dive computers.

What would be very useful would be to get a full memory dump of the dive computer.
It can then be analyzed and examined without disturbing the memory any further.

Both Andy and I have many tools for downloading, analyzing, and processing raw
memory dumps from the Pelagic dive computers.

Once we get a memory dump, we should be able to tell what happened.

I have tools that can convert the raw memory dumps from their raw form into DL7
(ZXU format) for DAN, UDDF, UDF, or even to Oceanic text export files so that they
can be used and imported into other applications.

PM me "bperrybap" or "AndyDragon" if you are interested.

In the mean time, if possible, it would be useful to not do any more dives
on the computer until the memory dump is taken.

--- bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom