veo 250 tutorial?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I have the Oceanic veo250 wrist computer and have been trying to find a tutorial online for it but even doing a search here on ScubaBoard I cannot find any posts regarding this computer. Am I the only one that has this model??? Maybe my search is not working correctly but I find it hard to believe that not a single post has been made with "veo" in the content... Any suggestions?

No, you are not the only owner of a Veo250 here. My wife and I own 3. They are on the verge of no longer being manufactured, and the pipeline may already have closed. So, we bought a third just to have identical backup.

You just need to study the manual and press all the buttons, as instructed by the manual, to set the date, time, etc. Then, just go diving. Bring your manual on the trip so you can read about what you are seeing and, if you don't remember, how you gain access to the dive history information or dive planning options.

I love my Veo 250. Maybe you want me to take your almost obsolete computer off your hands/wrist.

I do have older Suunto Vytec (no transmitter) and Vyper as backups.

- Imorin,
How much did you pay for your last one that you bought as a backup and where did you find it?
You can answer me here (for everyone else) and then PM me, if you would.
Thank you

When I had mine I thought it was reasonably intuitive and the manual was useful - If you really need a tutorial try here: Dive Computer Training You have to pay but it is a decent service - My GEO 2.0 came with a free class code and it was pretty helpful

BTW - you can't search on 3 letters here - try veo* - you will have much better results.

I love my Veo 250. Maybe you want me to take your almost obsolete computer off your hands/wrist.

I do have older Suunto Vytec (no transmitter) and Vyper as backups.

- Imorin,
How much did you pay for your last one that you bought as a backup and where did you find it?
You can answer me here (for everyone else) and then PM me, if you would.
Thank you

I paid about $275-290. Can't remember exactly. It from my LDS. I think it was his last one. A decent deal, I think.

Thanks Drdaddy for the offer! I think i'll keep it though. :wink: Its been pretty good so far but I just have a feeling that it should be easier to navigate through the screens especially when looking at the dive history. Seems like you have to click click click click etc through every dive to get back to the one you just completed. Have you found a fast way to get back to the dive you just completed?

For all you Veo 250 Owners out there, I have a question.

Is there a way to make it sound an alarm at set intervals? For example, I'm a newbie (big surprise) and I want to make sure I check my gas every 10 minutes or so. Is there a way that my computer can be set to give me a reminder every 10 minutes?

Thanks!

No there isn't. Checking your gas pressure is really something you just have to get used to doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom