Veo 250 - Switch between ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boomer1

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
salt and fresh water? How do I do this? I noticed that on a fresh water sink hole dive yesterday that my computer was reading several feet lower than one of my buddies and he said that my computer was probably configured for salt water. His computer and another buddy's read 99 feet but my was showing a shallower reading. I read through the manual but am not seeing where to change this setting. Or is this a setting on this particular computer?

It senses the altitude when starting up. If it decides that you are at 2,000' or higher it assumes that you are diving in fresh water and changes over to feet-freshwater. See the page just before the spec table, near the back of the book.

Below that altitude is displays fsw --- feet saltwater. In either case, what controls the decompression calculations is the pressure, not the linear distance to the surface, so whether the depth is displayed in fsw or ffw makes no difference on NDL.

At 100', a computer calibrated in fsw will read about 3' shallower than one calibrated in ffw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom