VEO 2.0 to replace 180?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got our stuff back from the annual service and I power on the wife's 180 and I get the dreaded low battery flash... We have been struggling with this since we got the computer 5+ years ago. I haven't opened it to make sure it has the Sony battery, but we have had the problem even with the properly rated batteries. So I'm ready to move on...
A couple of questions, first will the veo 2 fit in the swiv console that the 180 is currently in? And if so can I assume the 180 will fit in the wrist band for the veo 2.0? I'll probably keep the 180 around as a backup. Next can I use the data cable from our 180 and 200 with the veo 2.0?
Oh one last if appropriate in the forums - what is the trade-in allowance if I decide to not keep the 180 for backup?
Thanks!!!

The veo 2.0 should fit in the console no problem - not sure about the veo 180 into the veo 2.0 wrist boot though. The 2.0 boot (I got one by mistake for my now-gone Veo 250) requires two sets of studs on the computer to hold the wrist strap pins - my Veo 250 only had one set so I couldn't use it. I couldn;t guess what the 180 has on the back on it.

No it won't.

The boot version does not fit the console and viceversa

The Veo2 has studds on it, they will never fit the "old"console.
The Veo2 boot needs the studds, and the 180 has none.
The cable should not be a problem.

*just an Oceanicdealer* :)

okie dokie... So what is salvageable from the old console? it's got the computer, compass and quick connect to the spg (which was replaced last fall by oceanic - 3rd flooded!). Will any of the gauges go into a new console? Or is our only option to keep it as is with the 180 as a backup and use the veo 2 as a wrist mount? Thanks for the data cable confirmation, thats at least something :wink:

The Veo2 has studds on it, they will never fit the "old"console.
The Veo2 boot needs the studds, and the 180 has none.
The cable should not be a problem.

*just an Oceanicdealer* :)

gotcha - so then the old computers will fit the new boots - though the wrist straps may not be usable (like I found out the hard way) but not the other way around.

This changing of boots and stuff is just garbage. I know it's all about marketing us new products, but some of these changes are transparently about making us buy the new boot to go with the new compass which won't fit the old boot, so now you have to buy all new instruments - etc.

I love my Oceanic Veo 250. It just keeps on working. And my Suunto Vytec and Vypers are great backups/loaners. Hundreds of dives on each of them. Someday they will die and then I'll carefully look for what will fit with my equipment - I may have to buy used!

gotcha - so then the old computers will fit the new boots - though the wrist straps may not be usable (like I found out the hard way) but not the other way around.

I'm sorry but yes that's the way it is.
Found out the "hard"way myself.:depressed:

This changing of boots and stuff is just garbage. I know it's all about marketing us new products, but some of these changes are transparently about making us buy the new boot to go with the new compass which won't fit the old boot, so now you have to buy all new instruments - etc.

I love my Oceanic Veo 250. It just keeps on working. And my Suunto Vytec and Vypers are great backups/loaners. Hundreds of dives on each of them. Someday they will die and then I'll carefully look for what will fit with my equipment - I may have to buy used!

You could get a "Dremel" grinder and grind the studds off.:eyebrow:
It will fitt. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom