Venting!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BOATS313

Reaction score
OK, I just need to let off a little steam.
I dropped my tanks off the other day to get a VIS. inspection and O2 cleaned. I get a phone call saying that one valve had neoprene o-rings and the other had silicon grease in it. Last year when the Hydro's were due I took my tanks to my LDS (who I no longer do buisness with), asked for the inspection and a fill with EAN 32. I got my tanks back with the right fill but now I find out that they put incompatible materials in my valve. So much for trusting the pro's to do it right.
Has anyone else had something like this happen?
:shout: :angry: :upset:

I think I can guess why you had already quit using the previous LDS. Kinda' make you want to set an appointment to come back and watch the work being done, huh? :shaking:

Glad you didn't learn about this after a fire! don

I'm an LDS owner and can't believe someone did this to you. There is nothing easier on this planet than to put Viton or some O2 compatible ring in place of the rubber rings.

I buy mine in semi-bulk from a company called I.B. Moore here in town. Not a bad idea to have a few on the side.

Sorry this happened to you. You might want to ask the current dive shop to give you the O-Rings they have replaced and take them over to the old shop and shove them up their A$$.

I wish I didn't live 3000 miles from that shop or I would be at the door tommorow. I stopped using that shop right after that inspection and fill, when I got the bill. Sometimes you get used to certian prices and forget to get an estimate... and then you pick up your gear and remember why estimates exist. I will be giving them a call this week to give them my 2 cents.
After ditching that LDS I went back to buying gear from my old LDS which was on the other cost. I would just call ahead and pick it up while visiting. Talk about being a loyal customer.

BOATS313 once bubbled...
I wish I didn't live 3000 miles from that shop or I would be at the door tommorow. I stopped using that shop right after that inspection and fill, when I got the bill. Sometimes you get used to certian prices and forget to get an estimate... and then you pick up your gear and remember why estimates exist. I will be giving them a call this week to give them my 2 cents.
After ditching that LDS I went back to buying gear from my old LDS which was on the other cost. I would just call ahead and pick it up while visiting. Talk about being a loyal customer.

3000 miles from you in NJ...That either means CA, or abroad....

I'd like to know which dive shop it is.

They are in a west coast state but not CA or WA and a little bit inland. There are only a handfull of shops in that city and they seemed like the biggest.

What sucks about moving every few years is you have to find a new shop you can trust, and new buddies.

Back
Top Bottom