Venice - Shore Dive - Sat. 6-10-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a fishing trip planned for that day or I'd join you. How you been otherwise?

Anne! You've been missed, Darlin'! They've had 20 feet of viz this past week. I'm almost sorry I'm not going this weekend.

Hope that viz lasts! I'd like to go the following weekend (17th).

I am going to have to pass for any diving this week end.I need to just do nothing for the next two days,and recharge myself.

duncan1958:
I am going to have to pass for any diving this week end.I need to just do nothing for the next two days,and recharge myself.

Funny how things catch up with you all at one time!

We arrived just after 8:00. A couple of divers were already donning gear (from Walter's dive club... they knew him when I mentioned "it must be Walter's Dive Club")

LilTech and I donned our gear and finished in the water. A quick scan underwater close to shore, and we were sure it was going to be good vis.

Water Temp. 84
Vis. 20'
Seas - Calm
Weather - Overcast/partly cloudy
Bottom Time: 117 min.
Teeth found - 100s

I tied off a buddy line for LilTech that allowed 25' of freedom. It worked well until the second dive.

We were up and out - I found a Wenoka Titanium knife and LilT found a hand shovel

Got the tanks filled at Scuba West ($3.50 per tank... not bad), and we ate lunch at Sonny's. Our waitress was excited to hear we found teeth. While we waited for our lunch, I went out and got a small handful for her. We got great service! She said she would taunt her seven year old brother with them (If only they could be used for good instead of evil :D )

Dive 2
We decided to swim out to 22' and look for Megla's on this dive.

Water Temp. 84
Vis. 10-15'
Seas - Calm
Weather - Overcast/partly cloudy
Bottom Time: 88 min.
Teeth found - Many, but no Meglas (Must be doing something wrong)

The buddy line kept getting caught on the rocks and other debris at that depth. Vis disappeared to about 5'. Instead of calling the dive or moving in closer, I made LilT work on navigation skills. So, it wasn't a waste of air and time

We came back in to 15' and found some more teeth before we surfaced.

We were up and out - found a Dacor Snorkel, so my lost gear count at Venice Beach - I am down 2 masks, 1 snorkel... and I am up one Titanium Knife (and got 1 snorkel back)... oh, and a shovel

We were on the road before the weather turned bad. Very distant thunder as we walked back to the Jeep.

Walter:
Anne! You've been missed, Darlin'! They've had 20 feet of viz this past week. I'm almost sorry I'm not going this weekend.

Hi Walter,
20 ft viz , WOW !!!
I will be around the middle of July.....
and I hope to get out and do some shark tooth diving!Can't wait to get to get down and see Venice again....:11doh:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom