Venice Shark Tooth Charters & March Water Temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there,

I'm a relatively inexperienced diver, with 2 teenagers who just certified in August. My parents live in Venice and we'll be visiting in late March. I'm very interested in the Venice shark tooth charters, but don't know what to expect regarding weather/water temps. Dad seems to think the weather can be troublesome for diving that time of year (he used to dive), so I don't know much of a risk it is to plan to dive that time of year. I'm also looking for recommendations into charters in the area; I've found Megalodon Charters and Aristakat Charters, but don't know much about either.

So, can anyone advise on March weather/water temps and a charter?

Thanks in advance.

I was just out at alahambra with netdoc last week and I would imagine March conditions being quite close to current conditions. Fearsome 6 inch swells, vis right about 5ft and temps ranging from mid 60s to low 70s depending on depth. Forget the charter for your first time. Head to Alhambra and fin out from the two white pipes about 150m depending on tide. Drop to the spot reefs about 17-22 ft and start scanning. My first time out I came home with about 60 teeth after 1.5 hours on bottom chasing netdoc. Definitely a smooth dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about weather, Heard real good things about Aristcat but will need to have all your own gear. The only one I have been on is Florida West twice, they rent gear. Since I recently moved to North Port I will more than likely go with Aristacat next time unless I find someone with a boat that I can pitch in on gas with

bryank1230,

The end of March is the beginning of the dive season here in Venice. Based on information you provided I would suggest you come out and dive with us. We can guide you through the process. We operate the only USCG inspected dive boat in Sarasota County, and have been operating our dive charter for nearly 20 years. Our boat is co-located with our shop. Take the time to visit our web site, and give us a call at the shop. We would be happy to help you, and to see that you have a safe expirence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom