Venice, saturday, 9/2/06 anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Three of us interested in going over to Venice this saturday for some tooth-hunting.

Is anyone else planning to be there as well?

Florida West is already booked up.
Is there another good charter?
-or-
Are there any successful locals who'd be willing to bring a flag & lead the way?
(we'd buy your gas, breakfast, etc. of course)

Thanks,
cra2

cra2:
Three of us interested in going over to Venice this saturday for some tooth-hunting.

Is anyone else planning to be there as well?

Florida West is already booked up.
Is there another good charter?
-or-
Are there any successful locals who'd be willing to bring a flag & lead the way?
(we'd buy your gas, breakfast, etc. of course)

Thanks,
cra2

Try this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=155265

Submersion Excursion is a charter I've gone out with a couple of times to the VB area. Tim @ (941) 388-2257. I'd join you this weekend, but I blew out my ears 2 weeks ago, and am out of the water for another 2.

cra2:
thanks, I checked it out.
good source of info.

though it has me jumbled. lol.
One minute there's red tide and the next, diversolo reports a PERFECT dive as of yesterday! ack. I'm so confused.

Bingo!
Winds and the nature of red tide. Conditions can change in just a couple of hours right now.

It's also one of the more common places for people to coordinate shore dives

ReefGuy:
Submersion Excursion is a charter I've gone out with a couple of times to the VB area. Tim @ (941) 388-2257. I'd join you this weekend, but I blew out my ears 2 weeks ago, and am out of the water for another 2.

Sorry to learn about your ears. Get well soon

ReefGuy:
I'd join you this weekend, but I blew out my ears 2 weeks ago, and am out of the water for another 2.

Blew your ears out?! As in bleeding from the holes in the side of your head?! Holy cow, did your power inflator button stick or something? Hope you're doing okay.

I may be over with my daughter this Saturday, strictly shore diving though. Don't know if we'll do Alahambra though - thought I might try something different (Service Club or even Casperson). OTOH, she will probably prefer to go back to Alahambra. Hope you find a boat!If not, we may see you there.

Thanks, guys. No bleeding, but perforated eardrums. It's the consequence of an advanced case of the stupids.

When you're having problems clearing, don't keep trying, just call the dive. Three weeks out of the water, the first of which was very painful. Fortunately, I should be cleared to dive by the time my undewater csi class starts (sept 21). If not, I'm really gonna be upset with myself. To play it safe, I'm not diving until then.

Hey cra2,

My wife and I may be heading up to Venice beach for a couple dives tomorrow morning around 9:30. Would be earlier but we have to stop to get air and maybe some extra tanks. Let me know if you would like to hook up.

Catch ya later

darn. got this too late.
already cancelled because of all the red tide reports I got.
so we'll be doing this later on. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Soda:
Hey cra2,

My wife and I may be heading up to Venice beach for a couple dives tomorrow morning around 9:30. Would be earlier but we have to stop to get air and maybe some extra tanks. Let me know if you would like to hook up.

Catch ya later

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom