Venice Dive Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would love to do a Venice dive. Anyone know what the conditions have been?

Thanks!

I'd guess the water is in the low 60s right now, maybe upper 50s

I dove the Red Rocks off of Boca Grande 2 week ago & the water temp was 69. I would say, with the weather we've had for the last 2 weeks, that Reef Guy is probably on the money with water temps being in the low 60's to high 50's. I would also expect that the viz would be poor.

In the for-what-it's-worth category, the fossil hunting off Venice is supposed to be the best in April and May (maybe 'cuz it's been too cold in the prior months?)

In the for-what-it's-worth category, the fossil hunting off Venice is supposed to be the best in April and May (maybe 'cuz it's been too cold in the prior months?)

In the years I've been diving there, I've noticed no difference in available fossils from one month to the next.

Guess I will be taking a drive over to Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Sat. conditions at Venice: 2' swells which caused a mild bottom surge, water temp 60,
vis <1'.
A 1 hour dive resulted in 6 small teeth and 4 fossil scallops.
I might go by the jetty today and watch the surfers.

2th divr:
Sat. conditions at Venice: 2' swells which caused a mild bottom surge, water temp 60,
vis <1'.
A 1 hour dive resulted in 6 small teeth and 4 fossil scallops.
I might go by the jetty today and watch the surfers.
Brrrrrrr................ How did you manage to last an hour?

I wasn't there, so I can't be sure, but I'd guess he wore a wet suit. With this cold front, the water temps should be dropping dramatically yet again.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom