Venice boat diving question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glass Minnow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How far south are teeth found? I've been on 2 charters and both times we dove north of the pier. Are there teeth south of the pier? I understand the reasoning of time/fuel cost to run further. I'd like to dive less picked over bottom if that's possible. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

All the way to Boca Grande. Well at least that's as far as I've searched. If you find them on the beach there in the water... That's the best I'ma tell ya'... Good luck!

I have found many nice Megs south of the pier. I have found megs as far south as Blind pass beach. Some of my best finds were off the Manasota beach area. One of the reasons the charters dive in that area north of the pier is the concentration of teeth are much heavier and the chances of finding nice teeth are really much greater. I will give you a little help finding teeth. Touch everything if you are just swimming along looking for teeth laying there you will be hunting on many dives coming up empty handed. Also it is a skill you will learn the more you do it. If I am in an area with a lot of shells move on and find rubble with bones and move and touch everything. Once in a blue moon you will find a meg just laying on the bottom in full view, but it does happen. I have never had a dive that I did not find a nice fossil of some kind that is nice to have in my collection. Good Luck and keep hunting they are out there. That's one of the many reasons I dive as much as I can.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom