Venice Beach and Palm Island Ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadubes

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are new to diving and trying to explore the area (Southwest Florida). There are a couple of places we would like to try but need help with exact locations. For example, we know where Venice Beach is and sort of know where the dives are, but need more specific instructions on how to find the good spots (reefs, shark tooth hunting grounds, etc.) We also want to try the Palm Island Ferry and nearby barge. We have the coordinates for the ferry but aren't sure how to get from there to the barge nearby. Does anyone have a course heading??
Also.. any other suggestions for other good dives in the area (60 ft or less?) We do have a boat, so offshore is not a problem.
:confused:

There's the m60 tanks. I don't have coordinates or anything, but they are public and can find them on the web. Some people even dive Boca Grande pass, but only during certain times of the year (it's an advanced dive).

We could do either shore or boat dives, but obviously the Palm Island Ferry is a boat dive. And my understanding is that Venice Beach is a shore dive. So either, or both!!
I read about the tanks.. those sound pretty cool. Have you seen them??

Scuba.... Check out one of the links that I put in the Peace River thread. It is Treasuresites.com

Its great.

Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow. I wish I could! But thanks for the invitation! Let me know if you found any good spots for shark tooth hunting. I'd still like to know where to go for that. Have a good time! :dance:

Harvo,
I tried your treasuresites link and it didn't work! Is it treasuresites.com?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom