Venezuela + Curacao/Bonaire for honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem Naga lies with transport within this area. It is not so easy to get from Bonaire or Curacao to Los Roques. One has to make a few stops and sometimes endure long layovers..the old adage so close yet so far away rings true from travel from the ABC's to the islands of Venezuela. I have wanted to go to Los Roques for years..too confusing and too long to get there..I would have no problem going to VEN with someone who knew the country well.

I would not go to Vz,the people from the ABC's don't go there. Even thou they do trade with them,a lot of the produce comes from Vz on small boats
Bonaire has a lot to offer from kayaking in mangroves, the Washington Park is beautiful,windsurfing.kite surfing,great food,sailing excursions,boat rentals and most importantly 24/7 diving at your leisure.
If what to go Cur. aruba it's only an hour flight

If you're coming from NA, then you should do Ven/LR first; regress back to Caracas and go to the ABCs from there.

Travel within the country is not complicated at all, so long as you can cope with delays.

It makes most sense to do this if your game: NA-Car-LR-Car-Cura-Bon-NA.

Problem solved.

I live in VZ. While the diving is plentiful and uncrowded, the country is a real pain in the @#$. If you would like to anyway, try Horisub in Mochima National Park.

Do not go to Venezuela!!!! Venezuela has high crime rates, although the people there are very nice to deal with ironically. I would split the trip into a week in Aruba and a week in Curacao. I was certified in Aruba at Red Sail Sports, and they were very good and professional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom