velcro straps on watches/comps....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
did a search but found nothing on this....do they hold up to diving very long?

velcro has a way of wearing out or getting grubby and not holding well after awhile, and the area of velcro on a strap like that wouldn't be very big. Personally I wouldn't trust a dive computer or expensive watch to one, even if they are available. If you don't want something with a buckle you might look into something like the DSS bungie mount, if there's one that fits your computer.

Last edited:
I nearly lost a good diving watch using a band secured by almost new velcro in good condition. Immediately went back to rubber with a buckle.

Do a Google search for "Zulu" straps for watches. Might be what you are looking for.

Velcro does a pretty good job.

My preference, however, is a band that goes over the top of the band retention pins and beneath the bottom of the watch. You can lose one of the retention pins but not lose the watch.

I never dive with a watch that is anchored to the watch simply with the two retention pins. Lose one pin and, oops, there goes the watch.

the K

that's what i figured....never used velcro so i wanted to see. thanks all.

i had a velcro band that worked pretty well for a decent time, then when it started getting fuzzy i got another. and this was for a dive computer i also wore daily as a watch, so it got constant use. it was a timex brand band if you're feeling lucky. :)

i had a velcro band that worked pretty well for a decent time, then when it started getting fuzzy i got another. and this was for a dive computer i also wore daily as a watch, so it got constant use. it was a timex brand band if you're feeling lucky. :)

lol....i use those when i go to the field and they seem to hold up well. i was just debating about it since i have the oceanic velcro strap on a geo 2 but am considering just going with a console set up anyway so it's probably a moot point.

Do a Google search for "Zulu" straps for watches. Might be what you are looking for.

I just replaced the rubber strap on my Geo 2.0 with a Maratac strap - it's pretty nice. Definitely no fear of the strap breaking anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom