Vehicle Recovery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Gary, my PSD team is considering implementing a policy to attach a flat fee to the wreckers invoice when requested to assist with a vehicle removal. We are about the only diving entity around and usually get the call to help when we have a vehicle in the water. I am interested to know the details of the law suit you are talking about. Maybe this will prevent us from getting into any unwanted situations.

I think that is similar to what we do here. The Sheriff's office bills the wrecker company and the wrecker bills the owner/insurance co. The sheriff's office used to bill the vehicle owner directly and had very little luck in getting paid. We are also a volunteer team and some of the funds go into the kitty spread amongst the sheriff's volunteer groups (reserve, boat patrol, etc). It is in the owner's best interest to have the vehicle removed b/c there is a $1000/day fine from the DNR.

Hey Gary, my PSD team is considering implementing a policy to attach a flat fee to the wreckers invoice when requested to assist with a vehicle removal. We are about the only diving entity around and usually get the call to help when we have a vehicle in the water. I am interested to know the details of the law suit you are talking about. Maybe this will prevent us from getting into any unwanted situations.

To our loss, Gary has not been on the board for quite some time, since he retired.

Back
Top Bottom