Vanuatu or French Polynesia (August)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on Espirito Santo Rhi Rhi blue holes are beautiful

A little vid of my visit to Riri blue hole.

Cindy Egan

I think thats part of Vanuatus appeal - everyone has their own experience of the culture and the locals are happy to help you find your happy.
heres me all by myself contemplating life on a sunday (most things are closed on sundays esp on Santo) so I hired a driver to take me out there and just sat enjoying the beauty until a lovely couple with a baby rocked up and offered to take a snap. I figured id go explore more of the coolidge and let them enjoy having it to themselves too. Conversely Tanna is not the first place that springs to mind as a party destination, but I had a party every night bar two in a week on Tanna in July. What really makes Van special for me is the genuineness and happiness of the people.
That and the fact that one of the chiefs called my kids "Rubis Picaninnies" :wink:
I recomend staying with Tom at Rocky Ridge Bungalows to support local Ni Van development and for his smile when you ask him to not give you such big meals...in a nod to Vanuatus history of cannibalism "But, Im fattening you up" was the absolute perfect answer :)

Diving wise - in Vila Harbour interesting wrecks like the star of russia and a flying boat along with reefs are easy diving, vila harbour is nice and protected.

The water in Vila is extrordinarilly warm. As in bath water warm.Ive been diving with tee shirt and shorts. too darned warm for a suit.--except swimming through fresh water springs.On a wet day its colder doing surface interval than in the water.
Not mentioned is that yep Port Vila has some darn cool easy access wrecks but just "over the hill" leaving from Havana harbour are some truly spectacular hard and soft coral dives to be had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom