Vancouver Island Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port Hardy has amazing dive spots and locations. A lot of them you need a charter guide. Viking Adventure Tours knows all the great locations to dive. They supply everything (if needed) also including meals all for a great price. vikingadventuretours.com

So has he fixed his compressor yet?

I'm in Campbell River, dive around Courtenay/Comox also. If anyone has any questions about shore diving, charters or accommodations feel free to ask.
There are a few of us that go out for at least one evening dive a week. Drop me a line and we will try to hook up for a dive.

U/O

Hi Guys! My girlfriend and I are doing a road trip to Vancouver Island and we'll be there pretty much all week. We plan to go from Victoria to Nanaimo and also over to Tofino. I have a couple questions:

1) What are some good shore diving sites to visit? There are so many! Ogden point is good, yes? What else?

2) Is a dive flag required for shore divers? If so, what does the flag need to look like?

3) How about dive shops for fills, any recommendations?

4) We'll be camping in our Westfalia, any nice campgrounds, especially for diving?

I'm really looking forward to it! If anyone wants to meet up for lunch or diving that would be fantastic too!

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey guys, I currently live in Fort Nelson and should be moving to Nanaimo in April. I'm looking to dive some of the great wrecks you guys have down there!

Just wondering if anyone sidemounts down that way?

Thanks

Someone said this thread was dead earlier, but I'll post this in a couple places.

Was diving Clark Rock today off of Pipers and I lost my GoPro Hero3 white edition with dive housing and head strap. I'm pretty sure it was in the sand between the rock and the line to the surface. If anyone happens to be around there in the near future, perhaps keep an eye out? Would be one of the best things ever to get that camera back. It's close to brand new, and had some good footage of previous dives, including the Saskatchewan.

Thanks!

I'm trying to up my dive rate a little, get over the 100 mark sooner rather than later. Looking for additional buddies around Victoria for odd sites at odd times (my work schedule sucks). For example, never have managed to find the boxcars at clover point ...

Any suggestions?

i too am looking for buddies in victoria. I would love to go look for box cars. I have heard they are there but never gone searching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom